Running Around Like a Headless Chicken (D)

Ah, multiple choice. Where do I begin?

Image result for multiple choice gif 

I'll start here: I couldn't figure out what strategy would help me with this excruciating topic.

Earplugs? Not really my thing.
Blocking my ears? Didn't work.
No annotating? A bit strange and restraining.
Reading each line with my finger on the words? NOPE.
Not reading the passage? Freaked me out.

As you can tell, I felt lost. OK, maybe a lot lost.

Image result for question mark guy gif 

However, once I read the passage beforehand, understood all the words, and comprehended the purpose the night before, my head was back on straight. I realized that I needed to improve my reading comprehension skills before I even made it to the multiple choice questions. When I felt really lost or confused, it was no bueno. By increasing my skill set I was able to understand the purpose of the passage, which was my main trouble. By concentrating on the passage without a time restraint at home before I even had the questions, I could take a moment to soak in the details and retain more important ones from the passage. By giving myself the time to really focus on what the author was saying, it ultimately helped my ability in reading comprehension and answering multiple choice questions. (D)

Besides that, I found that crossing off possible choices that I thought were wrong to be extremely helpful, because it gave less to think about and I could really focus on adding between the choices and most of the time, that strategy proved to be of great help. (D)

If I got any questions wrong, I would go back to see why I crossed off an answer or picked the wrong one. By seeing a trend in my wrong answers, I was able to fix the problems that I had and improved my score. (D)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prey (A/E)

Predator (E) - Read Last

The One and Only Lang Lobster (C)