Inner Lion (B)

Argument was the next essay on the agenda.


Halfway through the year, we changed gears and moved on from RA to focus on the opinion-based question. It was a little rushed at the beginning with the mock exam quickly approaching, so argument was smushed into a short week or two before it and then was continued after. At first, trying to answer the actual prompt with a valid response felt like this:

Image result for argument gif

But as time went on, I figured it out little by little, just like the RA and now it feels like this:
Image result for win argument gif

When writing an argument, I have to be strong, clever, and clear about my position to persuade the reader to be on my side. I want the reader to realize that I have a valid point that makes them think about their own beliefs. My writing has to be powerful enough to influence their opinion on the subject matter at hand so that they are persuaded that I am right. Even with a qualifier, I have to make my viewpoint clear and support it with appropriate evidence or argument will be unconvincing. Just by incorporating experience from my own life or from a book I read, that evidence helps make my argument solid. For me, my essay is always stronger when I incorporate concrete facts (I always do that) because hypotheticals are not very convincing or sometimes aren't even truthful. (B)

This essay gives me the most freedom to write about varying topics such as humorists to what is overrated. There is such a wide variety of information that can be used to support an argument and I like that, but it can also make the essay a challenge because only my brain can answer the question since there are no additional readings. (B)

REHUGO and argument sheets were a great way to organize data, especially at the beginning,  because all of my thoughts were focused on something that could help me think of ideas and what to write. I wasn't just thinking my head, I was writing down what I knew and could use in my argument. (B)



I consistently got 7s on my arguments and it rarely faltered, so it was a nice confirmation that I could keep writing at that level and hopefully do better in the future.


77777

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prey (A/E)

Predator (E) - Read Last

The One and Only Lang Lobster (C)